Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I'm just a freshman.


The midterm week at Southern Connecticut State University has come and gone, and let’s just say the ending results, for me, left much to be desired.  I was hoping to come to college, work hard, and get A’s and B’s, just like high school.  I was completely wrong in my thinking.  Turns out, college is nothing like high school as far as grading goes (obvious, I know).  At my high school, as long as you showed up to class, attempted the homework, and didn’t completely bomb the tests, you had at least a B.  I was completely caught off guard when I saw that I had only one A, out of all my classes.  I was even more surprised when I realized I received a D on my biology midterm.  Not only did I study for over 4 hours for that exam, I knew all the material and completed the test with ease.  I still cannot believe that I am on the verge of failing one of my favorite subjects.  That’s college for you though.

I have concluded that for the rest of the semester, I need to buckle down even more, and try my hardest not to let these midterm grades affect how much work that I put into my classes for the rest of the semester, and the rest of my four years.  I think that the only positive thing that can come out of these grades is that it leaves me A LOT of room for improvement.  And then again, it’s only the first half of my first semester, and I am still adjusting.  I know that I shouldn’t make excuses for my grades, but I’m going to do it anyways.  I’m just a freshman.  

No comments:

Post a Comment