Wednesday, September 8, 2010

outside of the box.


They say the first week of school is always the most difficult, or at least I hope that’s what they say.  My beginning days of college left much to be desired.  Sharing a room with two strangers, community showers, early morning classes, college was nothing like I expected, to say the least. 

Throughout high school, I was given lackluster assignments and told to complete the work as minimally as possible, to not ask questains, and to memorize countless facts, most of which I would never use again.  Imaturlly, I thought college would be along the same lines, but I was very wrong.  The first day of classes, I was told to think outside of the box, something that I had never been told to do before.  The idea of a whole new type of thinking was not only hard to comprehend but I also found it challenging. 

That new ideal, that new way of thinking, has so far been the hardest transition for me.  Granted, living with other people away from home and community bathrooms are things that take adjusting too, I still feel that the challenge of thinking, not memorizing is the most difficult.  

            ....though dorm rooms are not the hardest thing about college, they still take a lot of adjusting too

No comments:

Post a Comment