Wednesday, November 10, 2010

my quiet place.


I would love to say that I found some exotic place around Southern’s campus in which I find relief from the hectic and lively community, but the truth is, I like the library just fine.  When I need to get homework done, the last place that I want to do it is in my dorm room, where the distractions of a television, roommates and their friends, and noisy neighbors lurk around every corner.  I would much rather take a stroll down to the library, grab myself a desk, and get to work.  In fact, this very blog, and almost all my previous entries, have been written within these four walls of the Hilton C. Buley library. 

I will usually spend at least 4 hours in the library each day, in between classes, and after dinner.  It seems to be one of the only places were I could be most productive and efficient.  I enjoy the fact that most of the other students who study here are in the same boat as me, they cannot seem to find a place were there a no distractions, so the environment here is very quiet and focused, making it the perfect location, at least in my opinion, to do all of my assignments. 

As dorky as it sounds, I even have my own spots that I study in.   If I am trying to pass the time, I will lounge in one of the comfy chairs on the second floor.  If I need to complete a lot of math homework, I prefer a round table with a lamp on it, usually on the ground level.  For times when I have an array of assignments to do, like right now, I grab a desk, typically on the third floor, and get to work.  
(ignore the fact that i look like a mess...)

No comments:

Post a Comment